HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
9th May 2017Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30 pm
A. Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
B. Audience to Visitors
2. Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 11th April 2017 Meeting
3. Treasurer’s Report
A. Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in May 2017
B. April 2017 City Budget Report for the Library
C. Financial Balance Statement for April 2017
4. Librarians’ Report for April 2017
A. Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
B. Children’s Librarian Report – Allison Albert
5. Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
A. Status updates
6. Committee Reports
A. Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
B. Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
C. Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
D. Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
E. Friends Liaison – James Starnes
F. Herrin History Room –
7. Old Business
A. Directors University Update
B. CD Renewal Update
C. Any Other Old Business
8. New Business
- OCLC Contract Renewal
- Lazerware Contract Renewals
- Any New Business
Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 13th June 2017 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
May 9, 2017
PRESENT: Guebert, Savage, Priest, Siefert, Muckley, Tresnak, Eisenhauer, and Starnes
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by President Eisenhauer
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Starnes moved to approve the minutes from the April meeting with the following corrections to the minutes concerning the motion to approve the bills to be paid in April 2017: Priest moved to approve the payment of $3,205.06 for expenses incurred during the second half of March and $2,466.79 for expenses incurred for the first half of April. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Guebert moved to approve the payment of $1,704.07 for expenses incurred during the 2nd half of April and $3,513.58 for expenses this month to date. Muckley seconded. Motion carried.
- April 2017 City Budget Report: after 12 months (100% of the budget term): Report shows that 103% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $84,119.06. Priest moved to approve the report. Savage seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement: Savage moved to approve the library balance sheet report for April 2017. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Use of the PAC stations is above average and increasing in daily use. Other statistics were typical.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Allison Albert presented a written report. Planning for the science-themed summer reading program is complete. The April story hour “April Flowers Bring May Flowers” was well received.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
Building and Grounds (Muckley): No report.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liaison (Starnes): No report.
History Room: (Carnaghi): No report.
- Director’s University update: Mullen accepted her nomination and will attend the week of June 5, 2017.
- CD Renewal Update- CD was renewed.
- Non-resident fee: Mullen showed calculations that she used to arrive at a proposed non-resident fee. Tresnak moved to increase the 2017-2018 non-resident Herrin City Library fee to $55/year. Siefert seconded. The motion was unanimously approved by 8 trustees, (1 member was absent).
- OCLC Contract Renewal- This world libraries data base contract was signed by President Savage.
- Lazerware Contract Renewals-President Savage signed the contract.
- Resignation: Following many years of service on the Herrin City Library board, Nancy Eisenhauer submitted her resignation effective immediately.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:03 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert