HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
8th March 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 9th February 2016 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in March 2016
- February 2016 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for February 2016
- Librarians’ Report for February 2016
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates (if any)
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- Square, Website & Programs/Classes – Review
- Library Board Nominations – Update
- Garcia Hancock Memorial – Update
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Renew Cleaning Contract
- FY 16/17 Review Budget – First Draft
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 12th April 2016 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
March 8, 2016
PRESENT: Guebert, , Muckley, Tresnak, Siefert, Starnes, Frost, and Priest
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:33 PM by acting President Savage. New board member, Steve Priest was introduced.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the February meeting were reviewed. Starnes moved to approve the minutes. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
Bills to be paid. Siefert presented the remaining bills for operating expenses from February and the bills incurred to date for March. This brought the grand total of operating expenses for February to $6225.98 and to date expenses for March to $2691.54. Muckley moved to approve this report. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
February 2016 City Budget Report: after ten months (83.3% of the budget term): Report shows that 85.6% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $131,632.46. Tresnak moved to approve the report. Muckley seconded. Motion carried. The income statement was reviewed. Starnes moved to accept the income statement report. Muckley seconded. Motion carried.
Financial Balance Statement for February 2016: Frost moved to approve the library balance sheet report for February 2016. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen reported that circulation was down a bit for February possibly due to a problem with the eBooks on Overdrive system and fewer days in February. Mullen noted that all of the Heartland libraries will be switching soon to 3M for eBooks. We will begin using the “Square” to process credit card payments.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Plans for the summer reading program (June 2 – July 21) are in progress.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): The contractual agreement for cleaning services was reviewed. Tresnak moved to extend Carolyn Harmon’s annual cleaning services contract at a rate of $460.42 per month beginning for work performed on April 1, 2016 and to add a 30 day notice requirement for termination of contract. Siefert seconded. Motion carried.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): Artwork from Herrin Elementary School 2nd graders is on display. Bright multicolored pictures showcased the Beatles musical theme: “I Want to Hold Your Hand and “All You Need Is Love”.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): Savage reported that the electronic equipment is operating well and that technology needs appear to be met at this time.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes): The Friends annual meeting will be April 24th. Mullen will be the guest speaker. The Friends Pancake breakfast will be this Saturday, March 11th.
History Room: Carnaghi submitted a report. The application process for Rushing fellows is underway.
- Programs/Classes: Upcoming programs include adult coloring, healthy cookbook club, job searching guide, ebook help ideas, and basic computer skills.
- Library Board Nominations. Steve Priest has been approved as a new board member.
- Savage appointed a nominating committee of Tresnak and Starnes to provide a slate of HCL board officers for the 2017 fiscal year.
FY 16/17 Budget Review- First Review
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert