Agenda: June 14, 2016
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
14th June 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 10th May 2016 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in June 2016
- May 2016 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for May 2016
- Librarians’ Report for May 2016
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Annual Online Filing of IPLAR (Illinois Public Library Annual Report)
- Annual Non-Resident Card Participation
- OMA & FOIA
- Review Updated By Laws
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
June 14, 2016
PRESENT: Eisenhauer, Savage, Tresnak, Muckley, Frost, Starnes, Seifert, and Priest
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence. Meeting was called to order at 6:37 PM by President Eisenhauer.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the May meeting were reviewed. Starnes moved to approve the minutes. Seifert seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Siefert presented the remaining bills for operating expenses from May and the bills incurred to date for June. This brought the grand total of operating expenses for May to $6,896.88. Tresnak moved to approve this report. Frost seconded. Motion carried.
- May 2016 City Budget Report: after one month (9% of the budget term): Report shows that .09% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $66,342.37. Tresnak moved to approve the report. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Sheet Statement for May 2016: Tresnak moved to approve the library balance sheet report. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: The program that was added last month, “Book-A-Librarian” online has been used this past month. Mullen reported that circulation was down slightly for May 2016. The library continues to have steady activity for hold requests. Use of the online catalog from home is up 70% from this time last year. Computer use in the library is also up 30%. The IPLAR is being prepared and will be filed online. Priest moved to approve this action and Siefert second. The motion passed. Mullen reported that electronic attendance has been added to the Herrin City Library By-Laws. Savage moved to approve the update By Laws. Frost seconded. Motion carried. Mullen and Siefert were nominated to be the FOIA Officers for FY16/17. Savage moved to approve the nominations. Frost second and the motion passed. Mullen also informed new board members to complete their online OMA trainings. Mullen reported that the Friends of the Herrin City Library had donated a new refrigerator for the staff workroom. Mullen repaired back door at no cost. Mullen is reviewing security procedures with Lazerware for use of Square in the library. Mullen reported that the Summer Reading Program has been wonderful so far. Mullen reported that the DVD collection is being reorganized and will be filed in a cabinet. The Friends of the Library have agreed to pay for the new cabinet.
COMMITTEE REPORTS Building and Grounds (Tresnak): Tresnak and Muckley noted that the rose bushes were removed because of disease. Mullen has been asked to research the cost of an electronic sign for the library.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): Savage has agreed to assist with the research for the cost of the electronic sign.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason: No Report
History Room: The Harrison/Bruce Foundation paid for new display cases in the History Room Area.
OLD BUSINESS: Non-Resident Card Participation was approved for FY16/17 at the same rate of $50. Savage motioned to approved and Starnes second. The motion passed. Savage reminded that the Non-Resident Card funds should be appropriated for the Children’s Summer Reading Program as in the past.
- IPLAR – Online Filing – passed
- Non-Resident Card FY16/17 – passed
- OMA & FOIA – officers nominated
- Updated By-Laws – passed
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM.
Next Meeting Date = 10th July 2016 – 6:30pm