HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
8th December 2015
- Call to Order at 7:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 10th November 2015 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- November 2015 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for November 2015
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in December 2015
- Librarians’ Report for November 2015
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates (if any)
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Daniel Kay & Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room – Bill Randall
- Old Business
- Per Capita Grant – General Information
- Insurance Renewal
- Library Board Nominations
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Library Logo
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 12th January 2016 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
December 8, 2015
PRESENT: Eisenhauer, Guebert, Starnes, Randall, Muckley, Tresnak, Siefert and Savage
ALSO PRESENT: Mullens
Guests: Jennifer Frost
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 7:45 PM by President Eisenhauer.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the November meeting were reviewed. Tresnak moved to approve the minutes. Starnes seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Bills to be paid in December 2015: Siefert presented bills for payment. There was a total of $8,311.15 in bills presented for approval. Tresnak moved to accept the bills for November 2015. Randall seconded. Motion carried.
Herrin City Library Budget Report: Library Income and Expenses were reviewed. November expenses were $19,747.84. Income was $24,391.45. Randall moved to accept the City of Herrin treasurer’s report. Savage seconded. Motion carried.
Herrin City Library Financial Balance Sheet: The balance sheet was reviewed. Guebert moved to accept the financial balance sheet report. Muckley seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullens reported that the circulation for November 2015 was just slightly more than the overall average for previous years in November. The increase was largely due to junior fiction. Mullens presented a prototype for a new logo for the library. The logo is of a tree with books in the branches. Randall moved to accept the new logo; Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
Mullens and the board discussed Chapter 5 (2014 edition) of our technology standards in preparation for our upcoming application for the Per Capita Grant. The board reviewed the standards and agreed that we are meeting nearly all of them.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Written report submitted by Irena. The children enjoyed the flying photo booth.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): Carpets have been cleaned.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): Pablo Picasso self-portraits are on display.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): Savage inquired if there were areas that needed to be investigated regarding technology development. Mullens said that she would like to have further information regarding obtaining a device to operate the credit card processor “Square”. The “Square” was purchased under Keepper’s tenure and has not been put into use yet. Savage said he would look into it.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes): No Report.
History Room: Book signing went well.
- Liability Insurance Renewal: The board reviewed the pros and cons of obtaining liability insurance independent of the city’s insurance plan. The board decided to continue with the liability insurance offered through the city.
- Library Board Nominations: The board discussed potential new members. Names will be submitted to the mayor.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 8:50 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert