HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
8th August 2017Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30 pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 11th July 2017 Meeting
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in August 2017
- July 2017 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for July 2017
Librarians’ Report for July 2017
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Children’s Librarian Report – Allison Albert
Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates
- Building & Grounds – Sue Tresnak & Shirley Muckley
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Any Old Business
- Reopen 14th March Minutes
- Eclipse Information & Safety
- Any Other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 12th September 2017 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING MINUTES
August 8, 2017
PRESENT: Guebert, Savage, Hickman, Priest, Siefert, Tresnak, Frost, and Starnes
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:33 PM by President Savage.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Priest moved to approve the minutes from the July meeting. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Frost moved to approve the payment of $3,063.31 for expenses incurred during the 2nd half of July 2017 and $6,987.57 (includes annual SHARE membership fee) for expenses this month to date. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- July 2017 City Budget Report: after 3 months (25% of the budget term): Report shows that 26% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $142,652.98. Tresnak moved to approve the report. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement: Priest moved to approve the library balance sheet report for July 2017. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
Circulation for July 2017 was slightly higher than for July 2016. The children’s summer reading program was successful and well attended. The first distribution of property taxes for the library has been received and deposited.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: None
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: None
- Building and Grounds (Tresnak): Tresnak reported that landscape maintenance is in progress. She is watching the condition of some of the rose bushes.
- Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
- Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
- Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
- Friends Liaison (Starnes): Friends book sale from August netted about $400. The next book sale is set for October 7 and 9. Books will be priced at 25 cents each for the October sale. The Friends holiday book sale is set for December 2 and 4.
- History Room: (Carnaghi): No report.
OLD BUSINESS: None
- Siefert moved to make a motion to amend the previously adopted March 14, 2017 meeting minutes. Siefert seconded. Tresnak moved to approve an amendment to the March 14, 2017 meeting minutes stating that the FY2017/2018 budget was approved.
- Eclipse Schedule: Tresnak moved to change the library’s operating schedule on August 21, 2017 to be open from 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm due to the solar eclipse. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:21 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert, Secretary