BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
9th August 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 12th July 2016 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in August 2016
- July 2016 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for July 2016
- Librarians’ Report for July 2016
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- Read & Approve Information Security Policy (Square Update)
- Update – Library Sign Project
- Update – Yearbook Digitization Project
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Update & Approve Parental Consent Form – Library Policy (Children’s Internet Use)
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 13th September 2016
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING – Minutes
August 9, 2016
PRESENT: Guebert, Eisenhauer, Frost, Tresnak, Siefert, Muckley, Priest, and Starnes
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:28 PM by President Eisenhauer.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the July meeting were reviewed. Starnes moved to approve the minutes. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Siefert presented the remaining bills for operating expenses from July and the bills incurred to date for August. This brought the grand total of operating expenses for July to $12,787.55 and to date expenses for August to $6,553.48. Eisenhauer moved to approve this report. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- July 2016 City Budget Report: after three months (25% of the budget term): Report shows that 26% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $151,626.96. Frost moved to approve the report. Guebert seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement for July 2016: Tresnak moved to approve the library balance sheet report for July 2016. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen reported that circulation was down a bit for July 2016 compared to July 2015. The online public access catalog (OPAC) was up by 36% compared to last year. Traffic on our website was up 33% compared to last year. The library’s first distribution of current property tax share has been received and deposited.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: The written report submitted by Irena Just summarized the summer reading program.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): No report.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes): No report.
History Room: (Carnaghi) No report.
- Information Security Policy (Square update) Mullen presented a new HCL Information Security policy. Tresnak moved to accept the HCL Information Security Policy and Siefert seconded. Motion carried.
- Library Sign Project- Mullen presented design ideas for a new sign for the library. Mullen will continue to gather more information.
Library Policy: Parental Consent Form (Children’s Internet Use) Mullen presented a new Electronic Information Networks Registration and User Agreement – Parental Consent for Juvenile Patrons. The new form specifically requires the parent to indicate whether they desire to have a PIN issued to their child. Starnes moved to accept the new consent form and Siefert seconded. Motion carried.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:04 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert