HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
5th April 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 8th March 2016 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in April 2016
- March 2016 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for March 2016
- Librarians’ Report for March 2016
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates (if any)
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- CD Renewal
- Budget FY2016/2017
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 10th May 2016 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
April 5, 2016
PRESENT: Guebert, Tresnak, Siefert, Frost, and Priest
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
ABSENT: Eisenhauer, Muckley, Starnes, Savage
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence. Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by acting President Guebert.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the March meeting were reviewed. Frost moved to approve the minutes. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Siefert presented the remaining bills for operating expenses from March and the bills incurred to date for April. This brought the grand total of operating expenses for March to $4868.33 and to date expenses for April to $4264.67. Tresnak moved to approve this report. Frost seconded. Motion carried.
- March 2016 City Budget Report: after ten months (92% of the budget term): Report shows that 93% of the expense budget has been used. Priest moved to approve the report. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried. The income statement was reviewed. Tresnak moved to accept the income statement report. Frost seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Sheet Statement for March 2016: Tresnak moved to approve the library balance sheet report for March 2016. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen reported that the slight decrease in circulation for March 2016 compared to March 2015 was due to the transition from Overdrive to 3M for ebooks. The Library Open House will be Sunday, April 24th from 2:00 – 4:00. Mullen reported that she has filed the PLDS (Public Library Data Service) 2016 report as required. The library has received the Per Capita Grant again this year. Due to state budget cuts the per capita award has been decreased from $1.25 to $0.77 per resident with payment to the library possibly delayed due to the state budget impasse.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: No report.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: Illinois Heartland will be providing training tomorrow at the Herrin City Library for the new 3M system for eBooks. An open house will follow immediately after to provide training to library patrons.
COMMITTEE REPORTS Building and Grounds (Tresnak): Tresnak asked for approval to have Plantscape Nursery do spring landscape maintenance for the library. Frost moved to approve the request to have Plantscape Nursery do the spring landscape maintenance. Siefert seconded. Motion carried.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage):No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes by submitted report): The Summer 2016 application process has begun for Rushing fellowships. The Friends have decided to have book sales every other months (June, Aug. Oct. and Dec. for 2016 remaining) instead of monthly. The Friends Pancake Breakfast netted $2696.96.
History Room: No report.
FY 16/17 Budget Review
Executive Session: Tresnak moved to go into executive session at 7:30 PM to discuss salaries for the FY2016/FY2017 Budget. The board came out of executive session at 7:45 PM.
Tresnak moved to accept the FY2016/FY2017 as proposed in today’s meeting documents pages 17-19. Siefert seconded. Motion carried.
Tresnak presented the following slate for Officers for FY 2016/FY2017:
Nancy Eisenhauer President
Mandera Savage V. President
Barbara Guebert Secretary
Paula Siefert Treasurer
There were no recommendations from the floor for other officers to consider. The slate was unanimously approved by the board.
The FY2016/FY2017 library board meeting dates was presented by Mullens and unanimously approved by the board. Meetings will continue to be the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM.
Priest moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:55 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert