Herrin City Library
ILLINOIS STATE LIBRARY TALKING BOOK & BRAILLE SERVICE
Office of the Secretary of State
Jesse White, Secretary of State & State Librarian
- The Illinois Talking book and Braille Service is free to all Illinois residents and is funded by the State of Illinois and Library of Congress.
- Titles are sent and returned free through the US Mail. Talking Book Machines are available for loan at no cost to anyone using the service.
- As July 1st, the new physical and mailing address for the new Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center will be 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.
- The new email address for the staff at the Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center is email@example.com
- The 800 toll free number for the new Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center as of July 1st will be 1-800-426-0709. You can contact all Reader Advisors at this number.
- As of July 1st, there will be a new user friendly website, http://illinoistalkingbooks.org to offer more connections to databases, related service providers, various help links, book lists, and news items.
- Talking Books Catalogs and Mailing Lists are available upon request by calling, by sending an email, or visiting the website. A reminder that all services of the Talking Books and Braille Service program are FREE!
- The program currently serves 29,000 patrons all around the State of Illinois. Illinois Secretary of State, Jesse White encourages anyone with visual disabilities or physical disabilities to take advantage of this service.