HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
10th October 2017Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30 pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 12th September 2017 Meeting
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in October 2017
- September 2017 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for September 2017
Librarians’ Report for September 2017
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Children’s Librarian Report – Allison Albert
Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
Building & Grounds – Sue Tresnak & Shirley Muckley
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Continued Review Chapters 1-5 of the “TRUSTEE FACTS FILE THIRD EDITION”
- Security & Cameras Update
- Hammonds Lawn Care Contract Renewal
- Discuss Purchase of Vacant Lot Southeast Corner
Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 14th November 2017 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY – Meeting Minutes
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
October 10, 2017
PRESENT: Guebert, Tresnak, Hickman, Priest, Siefert, , and Starnes
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
ABSENT: Savage, Muckley and Frost
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by acting President Starnes.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Priest moved to approve the minutes from the September meeting. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Priest moved to approve the payment of $3,225.94 for expenses incurred during the 2nd half of September 2017 and approved $2,547.10 for expenses this month to date. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
- September (42% of the year completed) shows that 41% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $239,538.68. Guebert moved to approve the report. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement: Tresnak moved to approve the library balance sheet report for September 2017. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen presented report. Circulation for September 2017 was up 5% compared to September 2016. Other statistics were reviewed. The library received the second distribution of the property tax levy.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Albert reported that she is almost finished with categorizing the picture books. She also reported that the September story hour was about donuts and that a new tree playhouse has been added to the children’s area.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: Mullen gave an update on the Illinois Heartland system.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): No report.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): NA
Friends Liaison (Starnes): Starnes reported that the Friends approved Mullen’s requests concerning media organization.
History Room: (Carnaghi): Carnaghi submitted a written report. She is currently working on organization and storage of old Spokesman newspapers. The HHR continue to assist patrons with their history research. The library’s Cactus Pete program was featured on WSIL-TV3.
- The board initiated the review of the “Trustee Facts File Third Edition”. Review will continue at the November meeting.
- Security and Cameras Update: Mullen is investigating adding more security features to the library.
Priest moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 6:59 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert, Secretary