HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
14th March 2017Agenda
Call to Order at 6:30 pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 14th February 2017 Meeting
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in March 2017
- February 2017 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for February 2017
Librarians’ Report for February 2017
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Children’s Librarian Report – Allison Albert
llinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Final Approval of FY 17/18 Budget
- Nominating Committee
- CD Renewal
- Any Other Old Business
- Any New Business
Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 11th April 2017 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING MINUTES
March 14, 2017
PRESENT: Frost, Priest, Savage, Siefert, Starnes, Tresnak
NOT PRESENT: Eisenhauer, Muckley, Guebert
Also Present: Mullen
CALL TO ORDER: Savage called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Tresnak acted as secretary. No correspondences were received.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Starnes moved to accept the February 14, 2017, report. Siefert seconded. Motion passed.
- Bills to be paid: Siefert reported that 90% of the Budget has been spent. February should show an 83% usage. The Budget is set to be back on target at the end of April. Priest moved we approve the Bills to be paid up to March 14, 2017. Starnes seconded. Motion passed.
- February 2017 City Budget Report: Tresnak motioned to pass the City Budget Report for the Library. Frost seconded. Motion passed.
- Financial Balance Statement for February 2017: Frost motioned to pass the Financial Balance Statement for February. Priest seconded. Motion passed.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen reported that the Illinois Interlibrary Loan Traffic Survey and the Annual Library Certification have been submitted and accepted. The Library Open House has been set for April 30, 2017, 2-4:00 p.m. February had a 1% increase in circulation compared to one year ago. OPAC usage was up 27% as compared to last year. 30 new borrowers were recorded in February.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Written report submitted by Allison Albert. Albert conducted a Children’s Library program. The Herrin High School Book and Cinema Club assisted.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
- Building & Grounds-Mullen is having the carpet spot cleaned and is arranging for the hard surface floors to be polished.
- Community Enrichment-None
- Library Development-None
- Special Gifts-None
- Friend Liaison-Pancake Breakfast a success. Total of sales unavailable
- Herrin History Room-None
The Final draft of the FY 17/18 Budget was reviewed for the second time, and was approved as proposed in today’s meeting documents pages 14-19.
The nominating committee suggested the 2017-2018 Officers be: Mandera Savage, President; Jim Starnes, V. President; Barb Guebert, Secretary; Paula Siefert, Treasurer. Voting will take place during the April meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Mullen and Siefert will check the current rates for a CD coming due.
Starnes moved we adjourn at 7:18 p.m.
- Sue Conaway Tresnak (Acting Secretary)
Amended 8 August 2017 Meeting