HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
9th January 2018 Agenda
Call to Order at 6:30 pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors – Missy Frankel – Roxy Pullum Fundraiser – Update
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 12th December 2017 Meeting
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in January 2018
- December 2017 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for December 2017
Librarians’ Report for October 2017
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Children’s Librarian Report – Allison Albert
Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates
- Building & Grounds –
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Trustee Nominations
- Per Capita Grant – Update
- Finalize Selection Policy and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Any other unfinished business
- Unattended Children Policy – Update
- Any New Business
Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 13th February 2018– 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING – Minutes
January 9, 2018
PRESENT: Guebert, Frost, Hickman, Priest, Savage, and Starnes
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
The meeting was called to order at 6:28 PM by President Savage.
Visitor(s): Kathleen Jones and Jennifer Sarver
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Guebert moved to approve the minutes from the December meeting. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Acting treasurer Jennifer Frost presented the treasurer’s report. Priest moved to approve the payment of $1875.36 for expenses incurred during the 2nd half of December 2017 and approved $2815.16 for expenses this month to date. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- December (67% of the year completed) shows that 69% of the expense budget has been used leaving a checking account balance of $180,928.94. Starnes moved to approve the report. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement: Guebert moved to approve the library balance sheet report for December 2017. Priest seconded. Motion carried.
- Jennifer Frost agreed to be the interim treasurer until the end of this fiscal year.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen reported that circulation for December 2017 was up 10% as compared to December 2016. Other statistics were reviewed. Per capita grant has been submitted.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Children’s librarian Allison Albert reported that the reorganization of the children’s picture books has been completed. The children’s story hour has been expanded to twice a month.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: Illinois Heartland has hired a new SHARE director.
- Building and Grounds (TBA):
- Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
- Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
- Special Gifts Committee (TBA): No report.
- Friends Liaison (Starnes): No report. The Friends will meet in February to prepare for their annual pancake breakfast.
- History Room: (Carnaghi): -No report.
- The per capita grant has been submitted.
- The Sexual Harassment Policy: Priest moved to adopt a Library Selection Process and a Sexual Harassment Policy and to approve the policies recommended by Library Director Mullen. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- Unattended Children Policy: Mullen recommended that we update our Unattended Children’s Policy to reflect that a caretaker be at least 14 years old. Guebert moved to approve the updated Unattended Children’s Policy. Hickam seconded. Motion carried.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:09 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert, Secretary