HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
12th January 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 8th December 2015 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- December 2015 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for December 2015
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in January 2016
- Librarians’ Report for December 2015
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates (if any)
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- Per Capita Grant – Update
- Square – Update
- Library Board Nominations – Update
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- New Website
- Library Policy Changes
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 9th February 2016 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
January 12, 2016
PRESENT: Eisenhauer, Guebert, , Muckley, Tresnak, Siefert, Frost, and Savage
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by President Eisenhauer. Mullens introduced Jennifer Frost as a new board of trustees member.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the December meeting were reviewed. Savage moved to approve the minutes. Guebert seconded. Motion carried.
Expenses Incurred after the last board meeting: Guebert moved to approve the remaining December bills to bring the total expenses for December to $10,921.03. Eisenhauer seconded. Motion carried.
Bills to be approved for payment in January 2015: Siefert presented bills for payment. There was a total of $4082.22 in bills presented for approval. Eisenhauer moved to accept the bills for January 2015. Muckley seconded. Motion carried.
Herrin City Library Budget Report: Library Income and Expenses were reviewed. December expenses were $35,447.38. Revenue was $7.91. (The December deposit of $5,151.19 will be applied to January because of the holiday.) Savage moved to accept the City of Herrin treasurer’s report. Guebert seconded. Motion carried.
Herrin City Library Financial Balance Sheet: The balance sheet was reviewed. Muckley moved to accept the financial balance sheet report. Savage seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullens reported that the December circulation was typical for the month. Staff members were trained on emergency procedures. The new website is live.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: Written report submitted by Irena.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: Guebert moved to discontinue using Overdrive and start using 3M for ebook services. Tresnak seconded. Motion carried.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): No report.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes): Starnes submitted a report indicating that the Friends have decided to have a pancake breakfast fundraiser in March.
History Room: No report.
- Mullens reported that the Per capita grant application has been submitted.
- Square credit card processor: Frost confirmed that she would donate an ipad to be used as the device for the Square.
- Library Board Nominations: The board discussed filling the one vacant position on the board.
Tresnak moved to update the Borrowing Privileges Policy of the Herrin City Library as presented by Mullens. Frost seconded. Motion carried.
Guebert moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert