HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
9th February 2016 Agenda
- Call to Order at 6:30pm
- Roll Call of Trustees (Present and Absent)
- Audience to Visitors
- Secretary’s Report
- Reading & Approval of the Minutes for 12th January 2016 Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- January 2016 City Budget Report for the Library
- Financial Balance Statement for January 2016
- Review & Approval of the Bills to be paid in February 2016
- Librarians’ Report for January 2016
- Library Directors Reports – Susan Mullen
- Associate Director & Children’s Librarian – Irena Just
- Illinois Heartland Library System Report & Illinois Library Association (ILA) news
- Status updates (if any)
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds – Shirley Muckley & Sue Tresnak
- Community Enrichment – Barbara Guebert
- Library Development & Technology – Mandara Savage
- Special Gifts Committee – Paula Siefert
- Friends Liaison – James Starnes
- Herrin History Room –
- Old Business
- Website Review – Wish list
- Square – Update
- Library Board Nominations – Update
- Any Old or Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Garcia Hancock Memorial
- Library Upcoming Programs & Classes
- Any other New Business
- Closed Executive Session (if necessary)
Next Meeting Date = 8th March 2016 – 6:30pm
HERRIN CITY LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING Minutes
February 9, 2016
PRESENT: Guebert, , Muckley, Tresnak, Siefert, Starnes, and Savage
ALSO PRESENT: Mullen
ABSENT: Eisenhauer, Frost
Roll call. No visitors. No correspondence.
Meeting was called to order at 6:31 PM by acting President Savage.
SECRETARY’S REPORT: Minutes from the January meeting were reviewed. Starnes moved to approve the minutes. Guebert seconded. Motion carried.
- Bills to be paid. Siefert presented the remaining bills for operating expenses from January and the bills incurred to date for February. This brought the grand total of operating expenses for January to $7,470.42 and to date expenses for February to $3,277.47. Muckley moved to approve this report. Starnes seconded. Motion carried.
- January 2016 City Budget Report: after nine months (75% of the budget term): Report shows that 78% of the expense budget has been used. Tresnak moved to approve the report. Muckley seconded. Motion carried.
- Financial Balance Statement for January 2016: Muckley moved to approve the library balance sheet report for January 2016. Savage seconded. Motion carried.
LIBRARIAN’S REPORT: Mullen presented the circulation report for January 2016.
CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN REPORT: No report.
ILLINOIS HEARTLAND LIBRARY SYSTEM REPORT & ILA News: No report.
Building and Grounds (Tresnak): Tresnak reported that the problems associated with the bathroom plumbing (toilet over-flowing) have been fixed.
Community Enrichment (Guebert): No report.
Library Development & Technology (Savage): No report.
Special Gifts Committee (Siefert): No report.
Friends Liason (Starnes): Starnes reported that the Friends Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser will be March 12th from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. The price will be $6.00 for an adult meal whether purchased in advance or not. There will be a sign-up sheet for volunteers at the library.
History Room: No report.
- Website Review – Mullen will discuss further at the next board meeting.
- Square Credit Card Processing- Mullen will talk with Frost regarding the ipad.
- Library Board Nominations: TBA
Library Upcoming Programs and Classes- Possible classes were discussed. More details to follow.
Starnes moved for adjournment. Meeting adjourned at 7:23 PM.
Barbara A. Guebert